QUICK and EASY RED LENTIL DAHLDifficulty: super easy
High Protein Lentil Dahl.
1 1/2 cups dried red lentils
1 tablespoon olive oil
13.5 ounce can full fat coconut milk
3 tablespoon garam masala
1 large yellow onion, chopped small
- additional as you prefer:
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
half a lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the chopped onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add the onion and the masala paste and cook 1 more minute, until fragrant.
- Now add the dried lentils and coconut milk to the pot. Stir well and turn the heat to high. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the lentils are cooked and soft. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt to taste. I used 1 teaspoon and lemon juice.
- Serve with brown or white rice and Naan. Enjoy!
- Leftover dahl will preserve withinside the fridge for approximately four days in a protected container. It additionally freezes well.
- If you cannot have coconut, you could replacement Cashew Cream instead. Unsweetened almond/cashew/soy milk may fit as well.